What NOT to do (Fire & Smoke Damage)
In our previous post, we provide suggestions on what to do until SERVPRO of Buena Park can arrive to assess fire and smoke damage. Now we would like to offer some tips on what NOT TO DO in the unfortunate event of a fire.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Buena Park.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of Buena Park.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
Have questions? SERVPRO of Buena Park is just a quick phone call away! We can be reached at (714) 523-9119.